Total Pageviews

Featured post

A Dog is not just for Christmas...but these two could be!

I promised you some news about Rohan and India, so here it is!   The brand new book of stories about their lives at TURN Education is now av...

Thursday 4 October 2018

The 'Pictures of an Exhibition' 2019 World Tour!


DERBY - NOTTINGHAM - 
WALTON-ON-TRENT- ASHBOURNE


Alright, I agree, as World Tours go it's rather limited.  In fact, it only works if you view the world as starting and ending with the East Midlands, which I know some people do.  Also, it depends on you stretching the concept of a 'Tour' to include dates that are months apart from each other (January - Derby, March - Nottingham, October - Walton-on-Trent, November - Ashbourne)  Nevertheless, it's the nearest to a World Tour that I'm likely to get, so...

I've dusted off my 'Pictures of an Exhibition' talk and updated it and now I'm taking it on the road again.  My thanks to the four societies that have taken the plunge and I'm very much looking forward to talking to you next year.

What's the 'Pictures of an Exhibition' talk all about?  Well, here's the blurb "Philip spent a lot of his younger days being urged not to make an exhibition of himself by his parents and yet, somehow, succeeded in doing so.  With a series of pictures and stories, Philip explains how he grew up (allegedly) in Burton upon Trent and lived to tell the tale"  You'll hear a lot of the stories that have featured in the popular 'nostalgedy' collection of books, many of which have previously appeared in the Derby Telegraph.

You can find out all about my speaking offer at Derbyshire Speakers Directory - Philip Whiteland  I've got just two more slots available at the 'expenses only' rate (actual petrol costs plus any parking fees) in 2019, after those have gone there will be a modest fee for any other dates in 2019.

Perhaps I should get some T-Shirts printed ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment